Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Le CRIT

Today is a beautiful mercredi morning.  I just ate my oatmeal and read some Newsweek and decided since I am not bringing my computer with me, I would write an update and explain some fun things that are going to happen.

There is an event called "Le CRIT".  Don't ask me what it stands for because I cannot remember. It is a nation-wide competition of all the political institutes in France.  Many sports are competing and we take our own load of pom-pom girls! Who cheer for all the teams, including the girls.  Pretty stoked about that.  We leave on Thursday night at 6 pm and then have a 14 hour drive to Strasbourg. We are there until Sunday.

Now, I've heard this is half sport competition and half GIANT PARTY.  I mean honestly.  The fee for our way was 110 Euro, but that includes transport, ALL food, lodging AND alcohol.  And yesterday in the informational meeting, someone yelled out "do we get hard stuff too, or are you only buying beer??" and our organizers responded, "yes yes, we have hard alcohol don't worry".  WTF?? I mean this event has so many things that would NEVER be allowed to happen in UT or at the U of U.  I think not even at other schools that don't have a dry campus.  WOW.  The US really needs to catch up with the times in regards to alcohol.  My aussie friends have A UNI BAR.  YES! A UNIversity BAR.  On campus, yes yes yes, you heard me. 

But It is Wednesday and  am leaving tomorrow and believe me we are going to be taking pictures.  We have a party last night for my team (a pre-crit party) and I had to wear soccer socks, a mini-skirt and my soccer shoes. Honestly? Yes.  And no I did not take pictures - quite purposefully. 

So here's to France and their alcoholic university sponsored events.  Santé!

Claire Winter
"Easy Skanking" Bob Marley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf1Eh9OJdDg

3 comments:

  1. for the record, your canadian friends have bars on campus as well... in fact, that's pretty standard at canadian universities...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST FINISHED GETTING CAUGHT UP ON YOUR BLOG AND ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT I AM RIDICULOUSLY JEALOUS AND I HATE YOU EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE WONDERFUL AND HAVE AN AMAZING LIFE AND YOU ARE LIVING IT TO THE FULLEST WHICH OVERJOYS ME AND MAKES ME MISS YOU MORE THAN EVER.

    av

    ReplyDelete
  3. first you use a great old Doors song and now a Bob Marley song.
    High Five!

    ReplyDelete