Sunday, May 23, 2010

The heart of my Aix

 > Click ME < in a new tab

Chin-Chin, Prost, Santé, Skål, Na zdraví, SKULL IT, Proost, Salud, and Cheers mes petits lapins.






In every lovely summer's day...

...in that small café...





...the park across the way.....





I'll always think of you that way...







...I'll find you, in the morning sun....


....I'll be seeing you.



Every time I smell lavender, or roasting chestnuts, or the sweet scent of fresh brioche wafting up the street, I will close my eyes and see images chiseled onto the back of my eyelids. Josh laboriously tasting his newest ice cream choice......Caitlin walking with a stride as big as her boundless imagination.....Roby eyes closed as she imbibes the sun as well as her ever-present coffee.....Ben speaking with reverence about his breakfast and then renewed animation for his next meal.

    This time now, these moments where you can feel time tick, rushing past you like a wave you've spotted and tried to ride in, are upon me.  This time now, is like the end of that ice cream.  Piled, giant and overwhelming endless at the beginning and now dwindled to the half melted dregs that you're vainly trying to save and cherish.  These days in Aix are starting to scrape the bottom of the bowl.  The spoonful is less full day by day, but still just as sweet.  

Claire Winter Gorton

1 comment: